Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What Are Some Other Writing Sites and Why Did I Not Choose Them?

Alice in Wonderland's White Rabbit Running Disney mousepadThere were many other websites that offered services similar to Squidoo, Helium and Bukisa and paid to write online. Here are some of them

Associated Content
Article Alley
Xomba

There are also many more that were mentioned on this blog ,
The Freelance Home Writer


For the most of them, the reason I didnt choose them are one of these

1. I had no time. I had already signed into too many websites and may not be able to juggle them all.

2. They were not in my topic of expertise. For example, if one was talking ONLY about travel, then I probably didn't take that. I could write a few articles on travel and local but considering that I barely have had a vacation in like three years, I couldnt possibly produce a countless number of travel articles. So I wont take a membership in those.

3. I read bad reviews about them.

Another site that I never wrote for is Content Current. I did try out but after a very very long wait, they declined my application. Well I suppose everything happens for the best as I found Break Studio after that (Which is a great site by the way..)More about them next time.

So essentially, please do your research and see if the topic is right for you and the sites is the right thing for you too before signing in. But still don't be afraid to try out something just to see if the site is right for you. If I didn't try these websites, I wouldnt have expanded as an online writer this much.

Image Credit: Disney at Zazzle

2 comments:

parenting ad absurdum said...

Love hearing about your journey developing your portfolio - I can relate!

Thanks for dropping by and sharing your story. Following you and looking forward to reading more.

Aysha said...

Thank you for your kind comment and follow.

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments and thoughts after having read this. Feel free to share

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AddThis

Share |