Friday, June 11, 2010

Me?? Writing??

Shocked Classic Mickey shirt
Now writing was an option that I used to consider and hesitate. I mean me?? write?? Why did I reconsider
1. I am no English scholarly writer. I mean my English was fairly good..but I am no Shakespeare or any famous novelist.
2. I won't even write my own personal diary

But then I liked the idea of exploring topics, finding out more, learning new things in the name of research. And it can be done online! So I did some search and came across hiring websites like Demand Studios and asked myself "Why would they hire me?"

I am yet to build a portfolio. I do not have a degree in the English language or Journalism ( I do have a degree though). Then why?

So then I started thinkin "How do I get hired as a writer eventually?" Answer: Create a portfolio!
But it didnt make sense for me to write random articles and file them at home. I needed to be out there. In the World Wide Web.. So I did some searches.

And lo and behold, I was amazed to find that there were websites that would let you publish your articles, and some even paid you a little for them. The money was almost close to nothing. But, I just found the perfect platform to build a portfolio.

So then I started trying out these websites.

Helium
Associated Content
Bukisa

There were a whole bunch of others I tried, but didn't quite like. Some were too spammy and others just didn't work...

So how did these sites help me build the portfolio and what happened next?.....

Join Associated Content

Image Credit: Shocked Classic Mickey by Disney @ Zazzle

3 comments:

parenting ad absurdum said...

Hi - great idea for a blog, and I'm looking forward to reading more!!

Peryl (MBC)

Debbie Maxwell Allen said...

I'm curious as to which specific writing sites you're avoiding, so I can avoid them, too.

Aysha said...

@Peryl: Thank you. I hope you enjoy the later posts too.

@Debbie: I am going to be talking about that in my later posts. But first, let me just clarify something. The reason I am not writing at alot of the other sites is only because I do not have the time.. In 24 hrs a day of being wife/mummy and writer, I didnt want to spread myself too thin. But I would also mention the ones I avoided for other reason.

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoy my blog thus far. Stay tuned for more...

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments and thoughts after having read this. Feel free to share

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AddThis

Share |