Monday, June 28, 2010

Is there Such a Thing As A Too Tight Niche

Muppets' Kermit the Frog Disney printNow that is food for thoughts. At least it was for me, when Fresh Wonders gave me suggestions to create tighter lenses based on my photography one, I thought I would handle travel locations.Which naturally could be broken down to (well in my case) locations in Irvine California. Parks especially as that was the time when I used to go to a park every weekend (with a 2 yr old who wanted to do nothing but run in the park like a free bird). So I figured this should be tight enough. So I did one on Irvine Parks.


Not only did I think it was tight enough, but I was afraid it was too tight. I thought to myself, "Now who would come searching for information on Irvine Parks?" Is that going too narrow...should I say Irvine tourist spots.. and not just talk about parks? So I ran this query by the forum group at Fresh Wonders.

Not only did they say that this isnt too tight, but they also helped me narrow it down further. 1 lens per park. For starters..That was what they said.. WOAH! 1 article just on 1 PARK. What could I possibly write about? So I gave it some thought. Observed very carefully and then wrote these lenses

Irvine Regional Park
Heritage Park

Now, believe this or not, this could be broken down further to create a whole new set of articles. Whilst I didn't do all of them, I did do one.

From Irvine Regional Park, I went ahead and created one on the Orange County Zoo.

Talk about the perfect cure to the writer's block. Now you would probably just have too much to write about!

Image By Muppets' Kermit the Frog Disney by disney

I suppose on a nice note, I shall end this post with an opportunity to share. In the linky below, feel free to leave any travel articles (from any website) that you have written and wouldn't mind sharing. Please also do remember to check out some links already on the linky while leaving yours behind.

2 comments:

parenting ad absurdum said...

Very interesting! There is so much to know in the online world. I've taken a break from online content (except for the blog), but I've done one park article - for Kruger National Park in Africa - here: http://www.trails.com/facts_37002_history-kruger-national-park.html. I don't know if it'll be useful...

I am enjoying reading your writing journey :).

(peryl @http://blog.seattlepi.com/parentingadabsurdum/)

Aysha said...

Thank Peryl...

Go ahead and add it to the linky :)
Its a nice article

Thank you I hope you enjoy reading the rest of the journey. I am having more fun now :)Cant wait to share it... But it would all come in chronological order I guess...

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments and thoughts after having read this. Feel free to share

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AddThis

Share |