Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Articles on Photography

Camera Chat shirtWhen I decided that online writing was my way of working from home, I wanted to see if I could write about my hubby's photography. My husband's hobby is photography and I personally love his pictures. You can find some of his photographs at his Flickr Page. Along with taking good pictures, he also taught me some tricks and tips to take good pictures. These were very helpful when I was capturing my growing little son as he was learning new skills everyday as an infant and toddler.

So when I first joined Squidoo, I thought to myself "Why don't I write about what I have learnt?" I was also in the midst of creating our online store at Zazzle called AddMoreColor, so an article on photography seemed like the right thing to do.

So came my 2nd lens - Photography-The What and the Why

This lens was done WAY before I joined Fresh Wonders and learned the actual art of writing good lenses. The lens in itself was fine, but like I said before, it covered way too many topics.

That led to my next photography article -
Waterfall Photography Tips- Capture The Waterfall With Your Camera
Why I chose waterfall photography
1. I love waterfalls
2. At the time I did the lens, there were not too many Squidoo lenses on this topic.
3. Its only about 1 type of photography and made a good branch out from the first lens I mentioned here.

This waterfall lens also won in an internal Nail That Niche contest organized by Fresh Wonders. Learn more about that at this Nail That Niche lens.

So this is how you create more articles and remain nichey. I would have created more but I got excited and started exploring other niches. Which isn't a bad thing and I hope to make more photo tip articles in future.

Image Credit: Camera Chat by slackingest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments and thoughts after having read this. Feel free to share

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AddThis

Share |