Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Importance of Search Engine Optimization

The Findability Formula: The Easy, Non-Technical Approach to Search Engine MarketingWe have seen how important it is to gain visibility on search engine results. This is called optimizing your website (or articles ) for search engines. So let us understand a little about how search engines work before we find out how to make good use of it, the legal way.
Now, before I proceed, please allow me to make a small request/warning. There are many bad SEO practices also known as Black Hat SEO out there. These practices are not only wrong, but would also harm your efforts to gain an online presence as search engines are smarter than people give them credit. That said, it is always advisable to stick to the right SEO practices also called White Hat SEO.
So how do search engines work? You should know by now that search engines are not humans. It is essentially search bots or search engine spiders that crawls through your websites and makes notes of who you are and what your website content is about. These search bots visits your websites from time to time to note for changes and based on the information indexed, they categorize the rankings of your website with respect to the search engine query they the user has entered.
Search engines use many criteria to determine how important your website is and how relevant it is to the search engine query it is attempting to answer. Here are some of them.
1. They check the relevance of the keywords used in the website
2. They check the quality and relevance of incoming and outgoing website links from the website.
Based on their judgment, websites earn a certain ranking on search engines. Now note that this ranking is not permanent. It could improve or get worse.
So let us use the next lot of posts to determine how we can gain the search engine’s love and find targeted traffic to your online works. These tips would also work great for your online business websites too.

The Findability Formula: The Easy, Non-Technical Approach to Search Engine Marketing

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this as I was going to start on this soon. I have you on my blogroll and I saw this topic. Glad you posted this information.

Aysha said...

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I am honored. Well I am going to talk a little more about SEO and keyword research and all in the coming weeks. So Stay tuned...

Aysha said...

What is your blog? I cant seem to access your blog address here

Unknown said...

My blog is www.truthfulspeaking.blogspot.com. I don't know why blogger does that sometime.

H. Ome said...

As I also from the field of the search engine optimization. So I totally agree with you what you have mentioned here.

Aysha said...

Thank you Ome..

Scarlet of Moms Wear Your Tees said...

I do social media marketing and it works hand in hand with search engine optimization. It is SO important to focus on since search engines can bring in the most targeted customers.
Great intro to SEO!
Scarlet
MWYT Social Media Marketing

Aysha said...

Thanks Scarlet...I wish that I had more time to focus on social media marketing..

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments and thoughts after having read this. Feel free to share

Related Posts with Thumbnails

AddThis

Share |